I was absolutely delighted and surprised when I saw that I had been nominated for the Liebster award! I had to read the notification a few times to make sure it was real. This is the first blogging award I’ve ever been nominated for, and it feels very special because I’d never imagined receiving one.
The Liebster award was designed for bloggers with fewer than 200 followers to promote each other and reward others for their awesome blog-writing 🙂 It’s also a way to find out more about other blog-writers. I’d like to thank http://imjustadreamur.wordpress.com/ (A lot) for nominating me. DEFINITELY go check out her posts, because I’m forcing you to and because they’re awesome and extremely well written. So click the link!
Right, here are the rules for accepting The Liebster Award!
-Post the award on your blog.
– Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
– Write 11 random facts about yourself.
– Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
– Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Here are my eleven random facts!
1. My favourite food is sushi. Sushi is a gift from the universe, bestowed upon us as a gift of deliciousness, in order to reward mankind for creating a) The Internet b) Rock Music and c) Unlimited Texting Offers.
2. I hate most Top 40 music.
3. I have one sister, who is three years younger than me.
4. My favourite author is Patrick Ness. He wrote “The Crane Wife” as well as the “Chaos Walking” series.
5. When I’m older, I’d love to be an author or a musician. I’m learning guitar, drum kit and djembe drums. Though now, I’m also wondering if I should become a psychologist. It sounds completely fascinating, and it would be epic to learn about how the mind works!
6. I have red highlights and two dreadlocks in my hair.
7. I’ve been to about 17 countries.
8. I was born on 23/09/00.
9. I’m home-educated.
10. My father is South African.
11. My favourite band is Nirvana.
And now, answers to the 11 questions from http://imjustadreamur.wordpress.com/!
Do you have a middle name? My middle name is Jamila. I go by it because idiots can’t spell or pronounce my first name. Also, it’s sounds much nicer.
Favorite drink and why. Oh my! I’m glad you asked me that question because BUBBLE TEA is the most amazing drink on the Earth. I reckon it was put here by those floaty universey-dudes who gave us sushi. If you don’t try bubble tea at least once in your life, you’re very seriously missing out.
Coke or pepsi. Coke, but I do like Pepsi as well. And yes, they do taste different.
If you could change your name what would it be? Oh god, that’s a hard one. Something I wonder about a lot! Possibly Courtney… I used to like the name Calypso, but not so much anymore.
Favorite social media site. Twitter! https://twitter.com/JamilaJJ
Least favourite day of the week. Tuesday. I dread it the whole week. It literally makes me physically unwell. That’s when I have swimming lessons, and, needless to say, I HATE swimming lessons.
Favorite tv show right now. I have three: Wolfblood, Miranda, Atlantis.
Favorite person in the world. Oh dear!! Myself, of course!
When you were a child did you leave Santa milk and cookies? Still do… and brandy…
Religious? Music is my religion XD
Honest opinion on dandelions.
Beautiful and ugly at the same time. They’re annoying, pretty weeds. I like how they transform from yellow flowers into fluffy bubbles. It’s cool when you see the pieces floating around. Final verdict: dandelions are pretty cool. But I prefer cannabis XD
That was a joke, that last sentence. Obviously. What, really? Is that you think of me? Seriously? Oh dear.
Now… People who I’m nominating for the award. Cue drum roll!
Duhn duhn duuuuuuuuuuhn…
http://davesrecordreview.wordpress.com/ He reviews awesome music! Really, really worth a read especially if you’re looking for something new to listen to.
http://ateenagepoetslife.wordpress.com/ Partly poems, partly posts! And a lovely layout ❤ ❤
http://murphydp.wordpress.com/ Check it out!
http://theawkwardteen.com/ Fun stories =)
http://shutterpresser.com/ Stunning photos!
http://missamyjackson.wordpress.com/ Tres entertaining. Hehe.
http://onceadayquotes.blogspot.co.uk/ Very cool quotes.
I will be nominating more bloggers shortly. Also, if I’ve nominated you and you don’t feel like accepting the award, that’s totally fine and I understand.
Here are my questions for my nominees. You don’t have to answer all of them if you don’t feel comfortable revealing too much on the internet:
-Which part of the world do you live in?
-Do you believe in ghosts, extra terrestrials, Nessie, fae, trolls, vampires, shape-shifters or any other supernatural creatures?
-Why did you start your blog?
-What are your favourite bands/ genres of music?
-How old are you? You don’t have to answer this question if you don’t want to. If you want you can just give a small clue…
-What are some items on your bucket list?
-What are your dream/s?
-Are your parents from the same country as you?
-How long does it usually take you to write a blog post?
-Would you rather have a) Free food for the rest of your life, or b) Free gig tickets for the rest of your life?
-What is your occupation, or are you still at school?
Well, I hope you have a good day (Or night!) See ya.