I offer greatest thanks to weethingsblog for nominating me for the Liebster Award. Funny story: I nominated her first, and then she nominated me back, hence this Liebster Post… I sense there may be a little game of ping-pong going on here. All is well: I’m liking this mutual admiration society! I appreciate the nomination XD. Do check out her blog; there is a reason she was nominated in the first place 🙂
Now, these are the guidelines for accepting the Liebster Award:
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
If you keep reading, you will also discover some tips for accepting the award!
Here are my 11 random facts:
– I once tasted a sacrificed goat.
– Whenever I self-consciously feel like my hair is a mess, I just think of how Robert Smith looks and the embarrassment goes away.
– Multiple people have told me that I look like Yoko Ono…
– I met my best friend at a festival almost two years ago, and I haven’t seen her since!
– My music taste literally ranges from Hildegard Von Bingen to Mercyful Fate.
– I do NOT enjoy cooking one bit and I’m no good at it either.
– My first two names mean, “Beautiful Night” in Arabic.
– Music is like oxygen for me.
– I’ve never got drunk.
– I have upgraded my hairstyle by adding two extra dreadlocks (making four in total) and a weird thick side-fringe thing…?
– My grandfather had three wives.
Now, since you’ve stuck with me through these facts and survived in one piece, you’re going to have to endure my 11 answers to the questions asked by weethingsblog. They are actually pretty good questions:
I don’t… I cry for like three days afterwards; after that the emotion gradually gets hidden beneath the surface, and most of the time it never truly goes away. It just lies in wait until a suitably inconvenient moment to come springing out with a host of other demonic creations.TMI? Sorry.
2.) If you could be Prime Minister/ President? Person In Charge of your country, what would be the first thing that you would change?
I’d make it easier for young people to learn about how the country is run so they can have more control. I personally don’t know much about politics, but I’m trying to learn.
3.) Which famous figure (actually, they don’t have to be famous) inspires you to do what you do? Feel free to quote them.
This is going to sound cheesy, but Kurt Cobain? “The duty of youth is to challenge corruption”. And, “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are”. Someone else who inspires me (and who is actually alive :D) is my best friend. She’s one of the most positive, enthusiastic people I know. Although I must admit the quote I have chosen to include from her is not so positive (It’s just a damn good quote!), “Any one of us could actually be in an asylum and the rest of us could not even exist.” Wow.
4.)One thing that you would change about yourself?
My lack of focus and motivation. Jesus, that really is something that needs to stop as soon as possible.
5.) Apple or Android, and why?
I’ve only ever known Apple, so I can’t give a balanced answer to that question!
7.) Are you a believer in religion, fate, destiny, que sera sera or any related topic?
I believe “universal energy” and the supernatural.
8.) Your most essential handbag item (or wallet/ pocket item for the gentlemen)?
Okay, I know the answer is meant to be ONE thing, but I couldn’t resist adding a few more. In order of the most important things first: my mobile phone, my tube pass (it has a picture of Kurt Cobain on it), my wallet, some tissues, my black lace gloves.
9.) Do you know a cure for hiccups that’s actually effective? (Please please please if you only answer one question on this list answer this one, I NEED to know because you guys might save me from getting kicked out of class!)
Well, I always try to hold my breath when I have hiccups, which I know only semi-works. But maybe if you hold your breath for long enough you’ll die, which will put an end to your hiccups forever. Alternatively, drinking water really does work! Well, drinking anything except for alcohol because if you drink too much of that you’ll get hiccups all over again… I’ve also heard that if someone gives you a fright, the hiccups will stop. So you could get a friend to dress up as a Dementor and creep up behind you? Or google an alternative cure 😉
10.) Any deepest, darkest fears you have?
I sometimes get scared that maybe everyone can hear my thoughts and they’re just pretending not to. Another thing I’m terrified of is drowning. Especially the idea of drowning alone in the middle of the sea, with no land visible in any direction. Finally, I’m scared of the fact that maybe nothing, not even me, exists. Oh yeah, one last thing (so that wasn’t the final one) – I’m almost petrified of life in general.
11.) What’s the most badass rule you’ve broken? Was there a particular reason for it or did you think nothing of doing it?
Aaah, you don’t know about all the people I’ve murdered, do you? Gosh! Or those masterfully planned bank heists. Or the countless times I’ve installed viruses on people’s computers. Hmm, I don’t think you want to know the other things I’ve done.
My 11 Nominees:
And here are my 11 questions for them:
1. Would you rather kill someone or be killed ?
2. Have you blogged on any other platforms, and if so, how do they compare to WordPress?
3. How would you like to be buried when you die?
4. You have an argument with someone in a cafe and storm out. You then realise, with horror, that you left your bag in there. Do you:
c) Rush back in, retrieve it, and then storm out again,
d) Deal with it in another way (please specify!)
6. You accidentally delete a ten page document on someone’s computer, which they’ve been working on writing for a week. There is no possible way of retrieving it. What do you do about it/tell them?
7. Would you rather torture someone or be tortured?
8. What are your interests that you spend the most time thinking about?
9. What makes you uncomfortable to think about?
10. What do you loathe about the shared human mindset?
11. What do you love doing?
I’m really looking forward to reading my nominees’ answers to these questions, and in turn, their eleven questions for their chosen bloggers. Remember that your Liebster post will probably be the model that your nominees base theirs off, so if you want longer answers, give longer answers 😉 The same goes for your facts. I understand that it can at first seem difficult to find people to nominate, but seriously, just scroll through everyone you follow and decide from there. If you are short of people, then search a few tags you are interested in to find more. It is fine to choose people that have been nominated before. Remember to notify them on their About page.